At Smiles of West Point, the patient is our priority. We know that you want to minimize the dental procedures that you undergo. Therefore, we use the most conservative treatments that will effectively remedy your oral health concerns.
Prevention comes first. If we can help you avoid dental problems, we will. That’s why visiting us at Smiles of West Point for regular appointments is so important. Our dentists will get to know you and your dental history as we monitor your oral health.
If you do have an issue that requires treatment, we’ll attempt to use the least invasive method possible to repair it. People with extensive issues usually require more complex treatment. If you have several dental challenges, ask your dentist about full mouth rehabilitation.
Although full mouth rehabilitation might sound complex, it simply means that a dentist can combine a few different procedures to restore your smile. Because we customize all of our treatment plans to your needs, we will always recommend the most appropriate methods for correcting your dental issues. We usually refer to the treatment plan as full mouth rehabilitation when it involves repairing or replacing multiple teeth.
This strategy typically involves a variety of restoration procedures. Depending on your needs, it may include the following:
• Veneers to correct chips and cracks
• Inlays and onlays to repair your teeth’s chewing surface
• Crowns to preserve, strengthen and protect the natural tooth while fixing severe decay or infection
• Tooth extractions to remove teeth with serious issues
• Implants or dental bridges to restore missing teeth
• TMJ treatment to address jaw discomfort and misalignment
• Orthodontics to realign teeth
• Periodontal treatments to address gum disease and other problems with oral tissues
The full process is usually spread out across more than one dentist appointment. The dentist begins by completing a comprehensive evaluation and consultation. You’ll go over the problems that you have had in the past and the issues that you currently have. Then, we will make recommendations based on your personal situation.
This treatment plan is often delivered in stages. We will prioritize the procedures, taking care of your more urgent needs first. Splitting up the procedures gives you time to heal and get used to your new teeth. It’s also more comfortable and affordable.
It often takes at least six months to complete the entire process. This may seem like a long time, but many patients have struggled with their dental issues for far longer. The results of this type of treatment are satisfying. You will leave your last visit with a brand-new smile.
There are several considerations to make before opting for this procedure, including the following:
• Are your teeth healthy and in good condition?
• Do you have recurring or severe infections in your teeth or gums?
• Do you have enough healthy bone in your jaw?
• Do you have any underlying medical conditions that may contribute to your dental issues or preclude you from undergoing certain procedures?
Minimizing discomfort and ensuring adequate function throughout the process is essential. Some procedures are more intensive than others. Therefore, we work with our patients to come up with a timeline and plan that they’re comfortable with.
You’ll also need to return to Smiles of West Point regularly for routine cleanings and exams. We will ensure that your new smile looks as good as it should and provide deep cleaning to prevent future issues from happening.
Is it time to rejuvenate your smile? Contact Smiles of West Point for a consultation with a dentist who can transform your teeth and oral health in ways that you may have never thought were possible.