Dental Implants allow you to get replacement teeth that are anchored into the gums. The implants are tiny rods that are surgically inserted into the gums. As they heal, they bond with the jaw bone, creating a solid foundation that functions like a real tooth root.
The dental implants provide the support but not the chewing surface. They are often covered by crowns, which look and behave like actual teeth. Those crowns can also serve as anchors to secure other dental work, such as bridges and dentures.
This is one of the most effective procedures for replacing missing teeth. It supports the facial structure and prevents other teeth from shifting. It allows you to end up with teeth that look and feel like they have been there all along.
We always start with an in-depth consultation. We want to evaluate your specific condition and let you know about all of your treatment options. If dental implants are the best option for you, we will schedule a placement appointment. During this session, our doctors will insert the appropriate number of implants into your gums.
After that appointment, you’ll spend several weeks healing. This recovery period is vital to the process because it allows the implant to fuse with the bone.
Finally, we will create replacement teeth to screw onto the implants. These will reflect the shape and color of your natural teeth and let you chew and speak with ease.
This procedure is tailored to your specific needs. We will come up with a treatment plan together and will follow up with you along the way.
At Smiles of West Point, we offer the following types of implants:
• Traditional implants – can be inserted to replace one or several teeth and are usually covered by a crown
• Implant-supported dentures – provide a stable base for permanent dentures, reducing bone loss, gum irritation and the hassle of maintaining removable dentures
• Implant-supported bridges – bridges with replacement teeth are anchored to the implant crown, which reduces damage to other existing teeth
• Mini implants – Smaller rods than traditional implants, which require less invasive surgery and may be installed in one visit
Dental implants are a surgical procedure. Therefore, the ideal candidate should be in good general health and able to undergo surgery.
Many people in West Point choose this option when:
• They’re missing one or more teeth
• They want permanent dentures
• They require a permanent solution for missing teeth
• They want to prevent their teeth from shifting
Contact our West Point dentist office to set up your consultation today. You may be surprised by the types of dental implants that are available, and we are happy to give you a second opinion.
Your complimentary implant consultation will include a review of your dental and medical histories, as well as a physical exam of your teeth and mouth. Evaluating patients for dental implants will require X-rays of your teeth and underlying jaw bone to make certain there is sufficient bone structure to support the implant.
When you call the office for your complimentary Implant Consultation, (a $168 value), here is what you will receive:
For many patients, dental implants offer substantial benefits and can provide an superior solution for missing teeth. To learn more about implant dentistry or the other tooth replacement options we offer, contact our office online or call us at (804) 843-3602 today.